Off the back of recent investment into the team, as well as the machinery used within the business, Omega Plastics are now offering micro-moulding capabilities by installing a Demag IntElect2 50/360-65 moulding machine into our mould shop at the Team Valley site.
The new machine now enables moulding capacity with extreme precision in application, sub 1g up to 22g. This expands their capabilities of being able to produce small and complex technical components for the medical industry, automotive industry and more. The provision at Omega can produce tiny, complex, and feature-rich components efficiently, cost-effectively, and in volume.
This now opens many more avenues for us as an established industry leader, supporting the full service provision for plastic injection moulding and tooling. The machine is already in full operation, and the company now have extended capabilities to include the moulding of small components less than 1g in weight.
The demand for micro-moulding spreads across the UK and globally, therefore we hope to facilitate customers within new niche markets seeking micro-components, by providing a full end-to-end service from prototype, toolmaking to finished product delivery.
The full technical specification of the machine is as follows:
- Clamp force of 50T
- Specified with “Force” (for long holding pressure time) with max. injection speed: 200 mm/s
- 360mm x 360mm between tie bars
- Mould height standard Min: 160mm Max: 350mm
- Ejector stroke extended: 120 mm
- Fully electric for energy saving
- Screw and barrel 1. highly wear resistant and corrosion resistant; barrel bimetallic; Standard L/D: 20; screw diameter 14 mm (Barrel from PM-HIP material) with max shot size of 9g in PP
- Screw and barrel 2. highly wear resistant and corrosion resistant; barrel bimetallic; Standard L/D: 20; screw diameter 22 mm (Barrel from PM-HIP material) with max shot size of 22g in pp
- “Force” (for long holding pressure time) with max. injection speed: 200 mm/s
- Flexible clamp sequence with/without multiple movement of ejector and cores
- Core puller 2-circuits via on-/off-valve on movable mould platen, Q-independent (programmable); includes pilot-operated check-valves to prevent core-drift; parallel to mould movement.
- Air blow valve, programmable on stationary mould platen and 1 Air blow valve on movable platen; programmable
We have also recently added to our range of plastic injection moulding and toolmaking machinery, adding the Bole 140T, 230T & 520T within the last year.
Nathan Ashford, Business Development Manager said;
“It’s a great opportunity for us to now provide an even more extensive product provision to our new and existing customer base. There is an increased demand for micro-moulded components within our key industries, and we look forward to expanding our delivery range and product capabilities moving forward.”
Omega Plastics Group are currently providing services and products to customers within the Medical, Automotive, Consumer Products, and Industrial and Technical industries.
If you would like to know more, please contact us on 01670 541 890 or complete our enquiry form.